Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cheers, mate

It's been about a month since I was in England (back in September), but I'm going to try and reconstruct some of the highlights either way. The two major sites I was in (London and Stonehenge) were fantastic and I'd definitely like to head back to England sometime in the future.

Banners from the Olympics still decorated the city. The Paralympics were actually going on during out stay. The colorful banners and flags really gave London a more international feel than usual, I bet. 
One of the first things we did after arriving was take the Harry Potter walking tour offered by the Big Bus company. The tour guide was really into his job, which made the experience so much cooler. He even led us to a store that specialized in making Harry Potter-themed candy.
The Union Jack.
A panorama of some of London's most famous landmarks, including the London Eye and Big Ben.
You'll be smitten.
One of the best parts of the trip was meeting up with my English friend, Eliot, and having dinner at Friday's, where I was surprised with a very early birthday cake. What a night!
Reunited.
Bridget and I made our way to Stonehenge on our second to last day in England. It's a truly beautiful site. It was also a good place to take some (outlandish) pictures!
Shrouded in mystery.
What is heritage?

2 comments:

  1. Yes it was great meeting up!! I must come and see you before you go back to America.
    The panorama of London (with Big ben/Westminster/The London Eye) is my favourite view of London. Walked across that bridge (Waterloo Bridge) on Friday, in the evening, and it was amazing! If you look the other way, you see St-Paul's and the city, which is a pretty good view too! Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! One evening wasn't enough. Who knows, maybe we can still have our 3-person reunion: you, David, and me. You're lucky you have relatively easy access to London. I really loved it!

      Delete